Sonntag, 31. Oktober 2010

New Codeplex Project Extreme T-SQL Script

Hello,
yesterday, I created http://etsql.codeplex.com/. spelling   Extreme T-SQL Script.

This allows me to publish my scripts using version control.

The initial scripts deal with filling long text/varchar(max) by sql script and the reverse to display the whole content of such data fields: I create update statements which would recreate the content or even move it to ORACLE databases.

But be warned, I'm not allways trying to present completly generall solutions. My priority is on cases I have to tackle at work. I.e. currently I only handle data with a resonable frequency of embedded newlines.

Often I think, that T-SQL isn't the best language for some of these database related task. But it surely is the most spread language dealing with database manipulation. That means using T-SQL I reach four times as much coworkers than with Powershell and it is easy to use once SSMS is running.

Bernd

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen